Friday, June 18, 2010

An Unexpected Finding

I found the following quote written on a torn up piece of paper while going through old boxes yesterday.  I wrote it a couple of years ago while I was still in Veronica's Veil.  I remember the day vividly...I was sitting on a blanket in the middle of a forest in Middleburg, FL, eating blackberries I had just picked.  There was a hawk flying over-head, butterflies filled the air, and the weather seemed absolutely perfect.  I felt truly at peace there...no cell phone, no laptop, no iPod - just a pad of paper, a marker, and nature.  Finding this dirty, torn piece of paper made me realize something important:

It's easy to let the 'noise' of everyday culture get in the way of our creativity & self-exploration.  As a people, we're used to being distracted on a normal basis, and we don't take the time to reflect on what is actually important, or on what will truly make us happier.

I want to do something about this.  We should all do something about this. :)

"My true art is created with no outside influence,
deep in the depths of silence,
nature hiding the view of civilization-
where all of my feelings translate into song."
-Jordyn Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment